Platin Indirect Rainwater Harvesting System 1500-7500 Litres
Platin Indirect Rainwater Harvesting System 1500-7500 Litres
£2,668.28 – £4,364.42 inc VAT
The Indirect-supply system is a versatile solution for various purposes such as toilet flushing, washing machines, irrigation, and outdoor cleaning. Rainwater from the roof is collected and filtered before entering the underground tank. Equipped with a pressure-sensitive pump, the system ensures water is pumped under pressure when a valve is opened and automatically repressurises when the valve is closed. The water is then gravity-fed from a header tank to fulfill household demands. During dry periods, the system intelligently stops pumping rainwater, allowing a floating ball valve inside the header tank to control the top-up of mains water when rainwater levels are insufficient. For garden irrigation, a direct pump pressure supply can be achieved by installing an outside tap connected to the pump.
Description (click to expand to read)
How does the Platin Indirect Rainwater Harvesting Package work?
The indirect supply system is designed to support WCs, washing machines, irrigation, and outside cleaning purposes. Rainwater is collected from the roof of the property and fed into the underground tank via the downpipes. On entry to the tank, the water passes through a filter to prevent any debris from going into the tank. With this system, there is a pressure-sensitive pump located in the underground tank.
When a valve or tap is opened, water will be pumped under pressure until the valve is closed, allowing the system to repressurise turning the power off to the pump. From the header tank, the water is gravity-fed to the WCs, etc. It is all automatic; whenever there is a demand for water, i.e., when the toilet is flushed, the harvested rainwater will be gravity fed to the toilet from the header tank, and then the pump inside the underground tank tops up the header tank. In periods without rainfall, the water level inside the underground tank will drop.
When the rainwater level is too low, the pump will stop pumping harvested rainwater to the header tank. This, in turn, will result in the rainwater level in the header tank dropping. Inside the header tank, there is a floating ball valve that controls the top-up of mains water in periods with no rain. This means that the system maximises the use of all available rainwater. If the system is to be used for garden irrigation, an outside tap should be installed on the pipework directly off the pump. A T-junction can be used to achieve this. This will imply that direct pump pressure is now supplying the garden tap. (NB: when the tank is low on rainwater, there will be no mains water top-up to the outside tap.)
Why choose the Platin Indirect Rainwater Harvesting System:
- Cost-Effective Installation: The system uses gravel backfill instead of traditional concrete, saving you around £60 per cubic metre in installation costs.
- Adaptable Setup with Vehicle Loading Lid: Ideal for homes with limited garden space, this system can be installed under the driveway thanks to its vehicle loading lid, providing flexibility and space efficiency.
- Sustainable Construction: With an underground tank made entirely from 100% recycled plastic, the system aligns with environmentally responsible practices.
- Renowned Quality: As a product from a European market leader, the Platin system assures high performance and durability.
- Smart Water Management: It includes an automatic submersible pump equipped with automatic restart and dry-run protection, ensuring efficient operation with minimal maintenance.
- Reliable Water Supply: A standout feature is the integrated mains water back-up. It automatically tops up the header tank with mains water whenever the rainwater levels in the underground tank are insufficient, ensuring you always have access to water.
Images are for illustrative purposes only; there is a possibility that certain products may have been upgraded or replaced with equivalent alternatives.
Supplied by Graf
- Underground tank (choice of tanks available, sizes vary according to property type)
- Telescopic lid (choice of telescopic lid available, depending on tank location)
- Minimax filter supplied in accordance with the type of tank
- Submersible pump with floating water intake
- Float switch (connected from mains water backup unit to the underground tank)
- Header tank package
Supplied by Others
- 100mm diameter duct pipe to contain; float sensor cable, power cable for the pump, also bringing mains water to underground tank as and when required.
- 100mm diameter drainage pipe connected from downpipes to the inlet at the top of the tank (all downpipes brought into one pipe for connection to the filter.
- 100mm diameter pipe for overflow from the tank to mains drainage network
- Simple & quick to install
- Submersible pump supplies harvested rainwater on demand to the header tank where it is then gravity-fed to the WCs & washing machine
- The header tank controls the operation of the system
- Dual valve system within the header tank prioritises rainwater supply over mains water, maximising the use of all available rainwater to save on mains water consumption
- Mains water switchover point is at a lower level in the header tank and becomes operational when rainwater is not available from the underground Platin tank
- Mains water backup supply is not reliant on power supply or pump pressure and therefore guarantees supply of water to WCs at all times
Product Dimensions, Levels & Weights
Platin Tank Dimensions & Weights (1500L – 7500L)
Platin Tank Levels & Invert Levels
Platin Tank Levels | Download
Platin RWH Tank Invert Levels | Download
Mini & Maxi Lid Dimensions
PE Mini Lid (Pedestrian Loading 371010) | Download
PE Maxi Lid (Pedestrian Loading 371011) | Download
Vehicle Loading Lid (371052) | Download
Extension piece options
Extension Sleeve (371003) | Download
Extension Sleeve (371015) 1000mm | Download
Installation & Commissioning
Service Provider Support
Graf UK has a national service provider network of contractors who can offer various services including the installation of our tank systems.
Coming Soon: New UK map with the service provider/installer contact details.
Please note the following regarding Graf UK deliveries
We’re still delivering to our customers safely via our own delivery vehicles & drivers in the main, using external hauliers when required.
This gives us much greater control & flexibility over our deliveries.
All orders are typically delivered within 5-7 working days from receipt of order, however during this time due to UK-wide disruption, some deliveries may take a little longer and we would still aim to deliver within 10 days.
• Delivery lead time is 5-7 working days on all orders, unless otherwise advised.
• Price includes delivery to mainland UK.
• Please check for deliveries into Cornwall, Mid & Northern Scotland & Isles as additional delivery charges may be applicable.
• We cannot currently provide a tracking number for all orders but can accept customer enquiries by phone.
• Off-loading by the customer unless agreed otherwise.
• Tanks are generally strapped to a pallet for fork lift off-load, slings can also be used.
• Please advise if there is restricted access to site or special delivery instructions.
Infiltration extension piece 1000 DN 600£272.41 inc VAT Add to cart
Extension Piece£231.84 inc VAT Add to cart
Hose Connection Box Internal£65.42 inc VAT Add to cart
Reversible Flow Filter£175.03 inc VAT Add to cart
Hose Connection Box External£72.29 inc VAT Add to cart
Digital Level Indicator£260.24 inc VAT Add to cart